My sister, Laurel and her kids get to do Disneyland every week. We are not that fortunate, but we did get to go to Disney World for the first time last week. We packed up our car and drove to Florida to spend some time with my Grandma Julia, see some dear friends, jump in the ocean, and of course, go to Disney.
Both kids got really sick the day we left. I honestly thought we would end up in the ER with Carmella for a horrible croup-like cough. We made it through the first night at a hotel along the way and continued our drive the next day. By the time we arrived at Grandma's house her cough was getting better and there was no fever. Thank goodness. Both kids continued to have a lingering cough the entire week, but every day got a little better.
That first day we spent some time with Grandma, took her to Grills, one of my favorite fish places right by the port. We sat outside and watched the big cruise liners go out to sea. A Disney Magic and a Carnival cruise left that evening. I loved that the Disney boat blew a whistle to the tune of "When You Wish Upon a Star".
We then headed to our condo on Satellite Beach. We were blown away by how close we were to the ocean. It was so relaxing to be able to open the balcony doors and listen to the waves crashing right outside our windows. The next day we invited some of my Florida buddies over for a little dinner party. It was so nice to see everyone again and meet their beautiful children.
Our time at the beach was awesome. We couldn't have asked for better weather! We were even able to go on a boat ride with a good friend of mine, and neighbor of my Grandma's, Pixie and her husband Capt. Mike. Carmella loved seeing the manatees and dauphins playing in the river.
Tuesday was the big day that we have been waiting for--Disney! First thing first, we had to see the princesses right away. Carmella was in awe of their beautiful dresses. She couldn't wait to meet them. The rest of the day was so much fun. I honestly think I was more excited than my little girl. Mark loved that I was having such a great time, and Leo was just along for the ride. In fact, he took three naps that day. Oh well. However, he clearly liked the It's a Small World ride and Buzz Lightyear. 





It was so difficult to leave. Sometimes I find myself sitting quietly and wishing I could open the back door and hear the ocean waves again. I guess the nearby traffic will have to do. I will just have to use my imagination... Sigh.
Subscribe to The V Blog by Email
No comments:
Post a Comment