Wednesday, September 28, 2011

On the move

Leo has figured out how to get to toys and other objects that he wants. It's a little squirmy and not so smooth, but he's getting the hang of crawling. It all started with him going from belly to sitting. Now he is moving and grooving--somewhat. Well, you can see for yourself. I managed to get his first few combat crawl attempts on video.

The only setback of all this is his complete satisfaction and obsession with himself and his new found talent. In other words, he is not sleeping very well during nap times. Yesterday he kept sitting up and getting mad that there was nothing to play with. I kept placing him back down--he didn't like that either. It was a battle of the wills. Mommy lost.

Today it was more of the same. I think he was just so tired that he conked out after only three "repositions" by mommy in bed. He slept 20 minutes then woke crying again for the second day in a row. If I remember correctly with Carmella this lasted a few days and the novelty of it wears off. I am hopeful that naps will return to normal by week's end.

If only we could get him to stop spitting up. Now that I cannot keep him on a blanket, my carpets are going to suffer even more.

3 comments:

Annette W. said...

I like the new look of the blog!

We had to put down a queen sized blanket on our living room floor to minimize the carpet stains with Evan. He also enjoyed wrapping himself in it, so he had to be closely supervised, of course. He moved slowly, for a while, so it was somewhat effective. It was well after he was walking that he stopped spitting up. (I think he drooled and spit up enough that he was past 1 when he stopped wearing a bib.)

Hope all is well with you all!

Crowning Glory said...

What a job to crawl from A to B! Dad and I especially laughed at the "snatch" at the end of the video. All that work, only to have it taken away. Oh, well.

His Woman said...

He is doing great! I hope things even out for all... soon. A part of the whole process, right??

MISS YOU!

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.