My parents drove down from Pennsylvania to hang out with me and the kids while my husband was in Ireland for business. It was so nice to "do life" with them for a week. We simply kept on doing what we normally do, but with help from Grandma and Pop Pop. It was great! My dad's sciatic pain was not bad at all, which allowed him to do a lot more than we originally expected. He and my mom actually went hiking at Kennesaw Mountain one afternoon.
Grandma got to take Carmella to dance class and witness how much she LOVES to dance. Then on Thursday we took a trip to the aquarium and saw the impressive dolphin show and other exhibits. That is always a fun activity for the family.
I especially loved the extra help. Every time I turned around, someone had made dinner, cleaned up the dishes and swept the floors. It was so great. I even had extra help scrubbing the floors when the spit-up king, Leo, struck again and again and again. I wasn't as exhausted as usual by the end of the week. Except that we threw a little birthday party into the mix. But that will be another post.
[Grandma and Pop Pop mingling with the natives.]
[Trip to a nearby pumpkin patch.]
[Morning of dance class.]
[The aquarium.]
[Carmella showing off her talent as a singer/drummer.]
Subscribe to The V Blog by Email
No comments:
Post a Comment