Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kitchen

It is a cold and rainy day outside. We spent the morning shopping for the perfect purple tie for M. Who would have thought that there are so many shades of purple out there? So why a purple tie? Well, this Saturday M and I are going to the Managers' Ball for Kellogg business students. It is a black tie event where professors and students from the various part-time MBA programs Northwestern has to offer all come together at this charity event. We went last year and had a very nice time. As I remember, the food is delicious and M's school buddies are all very nice. It should be another wonderful evening. Needless to say, M would like a purple tie to represent one of Northwestern's school colors. We looked everywhere and came home with two options. Both are nice ties, but the purples are two completely different shades. Now he will just have to choose one. Both of them will go nicely with my navy blue evening gown.

We got home and C took a nap. Since I knew we would be stuck inside for the remainder of the day, I decided to pull out that kitchen set I bought at the resale a few weeks back. I had to do some serious scrubbing to clean it up, but I think it turned out really nice. I thought it would be nice for her to have something "new" to play with this afternoon. I was right. C loves it. She woke up from her nap, saw the kitchen and started playing immediately. I had to tear her away to get her afternoon snack. Right after snack time she said, "kitchen" over and over again. So we went back up to her room so she could continue playing.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

So where are the pics from the Ball?

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.