Sunday, October 25, 2009

Apple Orchard

I didn't want this season to pass us by without doing some fun fall activities. So Heidi, Hannah, C and I all went to Edward's Apple Orchard (about an hour and a half away) to sip hot apple cider, eat caramel apples and experience such things as apple cinnamon donuts. High sugary treats aside, we also got to see some farm animals including goats, chickens, a calf, pigs and a turkey. C got all excited when she saw the chickens...I think it's because they were the most active of all the animals in the barn.

After visiting the animals we went across the street to the "Pick Your Own Pumpkin" field. Hannah and I traipsed through the mud and selected our pumpkins. I must say, that was a lot of fun, and a new adventure for me. I never picked my own pumpkin from a pumpkin field before.



No comments:

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.