Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another Sad Day

It’s great to get visitors, but eventually they have to leave, and that’s tough to handle sometimes. Thankfully, after Mark’s parents left us, we had my parents come to fill the gap for a few days. But now we are on our own yet again. It really is sad. I do wish it was easier to see everyone. Maybe we can all go in together and invest in a teleportation machine. “Beam me up Scotty.” We have Skype and video chat, but that is just not enough for the long stretches without seeing our families.

I think the biggest problem is that we have too much fun when we are together. So many things happened in the few short days my parents were here. First, they recently purchased a new vehicle and offered to sell us their old car. We have been a one car family for over 3 years now—I jumped on this opportunity immediately. This will be such a stress relief for me in so many ways. For one, Mark can get himself to and from the train station every day—YEAH. Sorry, did I shout that. Oops.

So anyway, my folks drove our “new” car out to us, we got it all registered in IL, put new plates on it and all that jazz. It looks mighty good in our garage and will be a huge help.

Then on Saturday we went into Chicago to visit the Shedd Aquarium. Grandpop showed Ella around and made sure she saw all the fish, whales, turtles and other sea life. Everyone had a good time. There was even an air show to entertain us while resting on the outdoor terrace. I think my mom got a good photo of the planes—unfortunately I didn’t get any to share with you. But I did take a few snapshots along the way.



[Waiting for the train to take us into the city. Ella found many interesting things to keep her busy.]



[Checking out the underwater viewing of the dolphins.]





[One of the four Beluga whales.]

[Grandpop and Ella sharing a snack while relaxing and watching the air show over the lake.]

[One the bus on our way to meet Daddy for dinner. Transportation that day included a train, bus, water taxi and lastly our very own car.]

It was a fantastic day. And the meal we had once we met up with Mark was delicious. Ella even had some gnocchi and loved it.

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.