Monday, April 6, 2009

One Year Anniversary

This week marks our one year anniversary in Chicago. One year ago Mark and I packed up our car, put both kayaks on the roof rack and drove for three days from Boston to PA to a stopover in Ohio and then here. It’s hard to believe that I was 12 weeks pregnant then. I was so nervous to meet my new doctor and get my 12 week ultrasound at a new hospital. I was overwhelmed with thoughts of leaving Boston and our beautiful skyline view condo to sleep in our new (empty) home for the first time.

I remember it like it was yesterday… It was such a strange feeling driving down our new street and looking for the house that we would live in. Pulling into the driveway was surreal. Opening the garage door then the door to the house (which set off an alarm—to this day the alarm says “garage door open”). Little did we know what blessings the Lord had in store for us once we stepped into the hallway of our new house.

So much has happened in one year. We settled in nicely, met wonderful people, had a little girl, and dealt with life’s blows one by one as they came…and they sure did come. (Maybe some of you remember my earlier “house woes” blogs.) I can’t say that living so far away from our families has been easy, but it has allowed Mark and me to bond like never before. I am grateful for that.

Hats off to one year!

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.