Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve posted anything on our blog. My computer crashed last week and was off getting fixed for a few days. But it’s back and so am I.

Carmella and I have been busy lately. We spent a cold and snowy day in Chicago two Saturdays ago. Our new, but dear friend, Heidi, her daughter, Hanna and Hanna’s friend, Ruth accompanied us on our outing. We spent most of the day at Macy’s and ate at the Walnut Room where there is a massive Christmas tree in the middle of the dining area. Ella just adores Christmas trees and the lights so it was just perfect. The cheese platter was to die for.
Busy, busy, busy doesn’t even begin to describe Mark’s schedule lately. He amazes me—really! He has done such a good job at balancing work, school, new baby and role of husband. Thankfully he took his finals for this term this past Saturday. What a relief to be on a bit of a break. Monday morning he said, “It feels like I am forgetting something because I don’t have to carry any school materials with me on the train.” Yea!! Freedom for a few weeks.
This week we have guests visiting from out of town, a Christmas party to attend, and Mark is travelling one day (if he doesn’t get snowed in). The last two mornings it has been under 10 degrees—just the beginning of a Chicago winter. The streets are still icy from a rain storm a few days ago and we are expected to get some more snow today. It has put a damper on walks in the park with Ella. I am going to have to become one of those “mall walkers” to improvise.
Here are a few pictures from this weekend. Enjoy. 
Subscribe to The V Blog by Email
No comments:
Post a Comment