Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Joys and Sorrows of Pregnancy

Things I love about being pregnant
  1. People get up and offer their seats to me.
  2. Random ladies in the parking lot of Costco help me load up my car because I can’t reach down into the massive cart to pull out the boxes of groceries.
  3. People seem twice as friendly and smile as I walk (no, waddle) by.
  4. My husband pats, sings to and talks to my stomach. Normally this would be very odd.
  5. The glow of my skin. Actually, I have a bit of a tan too—I never get tan.
  6. Falsely believing that my legs got skinnier just because my belly got so big—even if it isn’t true, it still feels good to think that way.
  7. Feeling and seeing her move around. It’s so cool.
  8. Praying for her little life and preparing a safe and loving home for her enter into.
  9. Knowing where my child is at all times.
  10. Learning all kinds of new things, like how to burp a baby, how to get a baby on a feeding and sleep schedule, and, well, so many other things that I didn’t know before… I am sure I will continue to learn every day.
  11. Peace and quiet. Having time to journal, read, relax, and enjoy the beautiful weather we have been having. I sometimes need to remind myself that quiet is okay right now because it will soon disappear.

Things that frustrate me about being pregnant

  1. Sudden loss of concentration
  2. Getting tired quicker
  3. Loss of interest in foods I used to love—especially spicy Mexican and Indian cuisine.
  4. Watching what I eat and having to cut back on caffeine
  5. I can’t go rollerblading or get in and out of my kayak—paddle boats are as close as I can get
  6. Not being able to put on my shoes without breaking a sweat.
  7. Heartburn
  8. Not having the baby to hold in my arms yet.

1 comment:

Crowning Glory said...

So sweet - and so true! Love you!
Mom

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.