Monday, August 11, 2008

Rah, Rah, Rah! Three cheers for Team Vig!

Mark and I had the great pleasure of hosting Renee and Hugo this past week. I have never seen two people work so earnestly while on vacation. After arriving and getting a tour of the house, they jumped right into crossing to-do items off our house project list.

They cleared out dead trees from the back border of our yard, painted a fence, washed the siding on the back of the house, washed our car, caulked the doorways on the outside of the house, patched and painted nicks and gouges on our walls and cleaned the bathrooms. They were total work horses. What a huge help and major blessing. Thank you!

Don’t be too concerned, I did make sure they relaxed a bit. On Wednesday afternoon, Renee came with me to my baby check-up. She got to hear Little Lady’s heartbeat. I could tell that she loved being able to hear it because she kept repeating the sound all day long. On Wednesday night we walked over to the park and listened to a live band performing classic oldies. Friday we headed to the park again to watch Shrek 3. It was reminiscent of a drive-in theatre, but on a much smaller scale.
News on the baby front:
Mark’s parents and I watched a webinar Mark participated in while he was in North Carolina early this week. When it was Mark's turn to speak, his little girl recognized his voice through the computer and started kicking me like crazy. It is so amazing to me that she can respond like that. She sure loves her Daddy.

Saturday, Mark and I went to a Red Sox vs. White Sox game. It was Little Lady Vig’s first ball game. I wore my Red Sox future fan T-shirt and got so many smiles walking around the city. Mark said that would never happen in NY. People would see the shirt and say something like: “I don’t care if you’re pregnant or not, the Red Sox suck and so do you.” Thank goodness Chicago is a friendly city to all. In fact, once we got to the game there were so many Red Sox fans in the stadium we almost forgot we were in Chicago at all. The Red Sox won which made taking the El back to our car a blast. Boston fans cheered the whole way back.

Then on our last day with Mark’s parents we took a drive up to Evanston to check out Northwestern’s main campus. We couldn’t have asked for a better day. It was the perfect way to wrap up a fantastic visit.

1 comment:

His Woman said...

I wish I were there, too... pitching in, making a nest for Ms. Vig!!

Thanks for the update...
Love,
Wendy

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.