Monday, March 26, 2012

Randomness

Since I have been so bad at blogging lately, I must put everything into one post. We will start with our current state of being and end with some fun things we've been up to the past few weeks.

The biggest challenge we face right now is getting and keeping everyone healthy. Last week Leo had a stomach virus that lasted three days with a mild fever. After the three days, he somehow ended up with Pink Eye. Once we had that all taken care of we thought we were in the clear, until... Sweet Carmella had a really bad night and wound up in the ER with a nasty case of croup. It was so scary. She couldn't catch a breath at all and sounded horrendous. At the ER she got a breathing treatment, a dose of steroids and an orange Popsicle. She came home and slept okay the rest of the night. However, her parents were on edge all night long.

Mark left two days later for a business trip. I ended up battling a sinus infection and two unhealthy kids who couldn't seem to make it through the night without some issue. Mark came home several days later feeling really sick himself. So we muddled through this weekend and somehow survived. Leo's Pink Eye returned this weekend along with a fever and night terrors. Last night was his first night sleeping through in almost a week. Thankfully he slept--because his pregnant momma really needed the rest. I am praying that we have seen the worst of it and will have a healthy week this week.

Okay, now that the illness portion is finished, I can get on with the cute, fun stuff. Somehow in the midst of it all we found a few healthy days to get out and have some fun. The first two photos are from a place called Champion Kids. C discovered that she could operate the rope swing by herself and Leo discovered how fun it is to jump into the foam pit.



And since you can't see from the foam pit photo, C got her hair cut (by me). I was tired of pulling her hair back and using a ponytail holder that only seemed to shred her baby-fine hair. So I created some bangs or fringe so I wouldn't have to keep pulling it back. Here she is at a dear friend's 3-year-old birthday party last week. Everyone keeps saying how grown up she looks.



And here are two more shots of our little nature lover, Leo. Always needing to have something in his hands to hold, carry, or play with.


That's it for now. I hope to take some pictures at C's swim lesson today and write more this week. All my love!!

1 comment:

Where Our Treasures Are said...

Yea!! An update and pictures!! You've made my day!!

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.