Monday, March 21, 2011

Saturday in the Garden

Since M now has Saturday's free we are trying to do something special as a family on that day. When Leo was brand new M took C to swimming lessons on Saturdays. Now that Leo is getting bigger, and not eating quite as often throughout the day, we get to go and do some really cool stuff.

If I haven't mentioned it lately, I have to say it now...I love living in this area. There is so much for families to do. A lot of it is free, or quite inexpensive. This weekend we ventured out to Atlanta Botanical Garden. Tulips in abundance and flowers of all colors possible are currently in bloom at the garden. C really had fun dancing amongst the flowers. It was a beautiful 80 degree day and perfect for a morning out.

Funny side note... we parked in the Piedmont Park parking garage and thought we had to walk out and around to get the the Botanical Garden. So we headed out and kept walking and walking, probably about a mile or a mile and a half until we reached the entrance to the garden. Once we got to the gate I said: "Hey, look, isn't that our parking garage?" Instead of a long walk, we could have taken the elevator up three floors and saved ourselves 30 minutes. We laughed about that for quite some time. Thankfully it was so beautiful out we didn't actually mind it at all.
Leo...now two months old and almost 13 pounds. He's growing so fast. He laughed for me today for the first time. SOOOO cute. I love it!

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.