Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Valentine's Weekend to Remember

I finally finished a research project I was working on for my little freelance writing side job. With that out of the way I feel like I can blog again. As much as I wanted to play around and post new commentary and photos on the web, I would have felt guilty doing so with an incomplete (paying) project on the docket.

This Valentine’s Day weekend was extra special. Mark completed his mid-term exam for Statistics on Thursday and wrapped up a group assignment for his Marketing class early too. So he had Friday night, Saturday night, all day Sunday and most of Monday free to chill out with his family. Ella and I basked in his love and attention for a full weekend.

Saturday was especially fun for us. Ella and I took the train into Chicago to meet up with Mark for dinner. An adventure for sure…I braved taking the baby carrier and stroller on the train by myself, lugging it all through Union Station and up two escaladers to finally put it all together at the Adams St. exit. A nice security guard did offer to carry the stroller up the last flight of stairs. By then I was getting quite tired and enthusiastically received his help. (We will get to see how much Carmella weighs next week, but I assure you that she is at least 19 pounds with the car seat factored in.) Once we got the stroller situated Ella and I took off on a 2+ mile walk to Kellogg where Mark takes his Saturday classes.

Ella met a bunch of Mark’s classmates before we ended up at Gino’s East Pizzeria for dinner. Here are some picts of our outing.

[Ella on the train before she fell asleep. She's all bundled up becasue it was only 30 degrees outside. And no, you cannot find a coat without bear ears on it for infants.]
[Hanging with daddy at Gino's East.]

[But Daddy, I'm hungry for pizza too! Oh well. I guess this delicious brup cloth will have to do.]

[An image from the nice relaxing weekend we had. Helping Daddy read the paper.]

[Playing with Herald the water horse...her favorite toy.]

This video is a typical day in the life of Ella. Fingers, fingers, fingers. Yummy..."Here, you try!"

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.