Monday, January 12, 2009

Home Ownership Blues

The joys of homeownership continue to haunt my dreams. A few days ago it was the lights—(Cousin Andy came up with the solution so now our outdoor lights work—way to go Andy!). Now we have a water issue in the basement.

The Lord really has a way of getting me to notice things. See, if the light problem never happened, I wouldn’t have been in the basement and the door to the pump room would still be closed. So I wouldn’t have had a need to go down to the basement to shut the door. If none of that happened, I would still be going along on my merry way without discovering the large puddle of water on the carpet by the pump room door.

Apparently the pump that takes care of the air conditioner, humidifier and furnace moisture stopped working and water backed up in the pump room and overflowed into the finished part of our basement. I was quite annoyed at this little discovery. However, you should all be proud that I did not have a break down or a major freaked-out moment.

Our extremely home-apparatuses knowledgeable neighbors literally bailed us out (again). Our neighbor actually went to Home Depot for us to purchase a new pump and all the necessary parts to go with it. Then he took the time to install it for us all in the same evening. Thank you Mr. K.

Thankfully the humidifier is back on because it is supposed to get to -10 degrees this week. We were already feeling dry…little Ella has a stuffy nose and a little cough after only one night and day of low humidity levels in the house. Surprise, surprise, it is snowing right now outside. It literally snows every single day here. We are getting another 4 to 6 inches tonight and a blizzard is supposed to hit tomorrow. Joy.

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.