Well as you can see, we have welcomed Carmella Rose into our lives. She was born at Hinsdale Hospital at 7:45 p.m. on Wednesday, October 22. As of today she is one week old. The Lord has truly blessed us with her little life.
Last night was the first night that she slept between feedings without a bout of crying. So my mother, Mark and I all finally got ample sleep. The times when she does cry are much easier to bear when we have had a chance to rejuvenate ourselves. The learning experience continues as we bond with Ella and figure out how to best meet her needs. I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.
Some of my favorite things:
- Watching her sleep
- Listening to her little squeaky noises
- The way her lips pucker when she is finished eating
- The clicking sound she makes with her tongue when rousing from sleep
- Her beautiful large, almond shaped eyes
- Just about any part of her little body you can think of—especially her soft, pudgy cheeks.
- The way she cuddles up on my chest and falls asleep cradling her head in her little arms
Well, I could go on forever…the bottom line is that Mark and I are absolutely head over heels in love with her.
Subscribe to The V Blog by Email
3 comments:
She's just beautiful Sharon (as is your new blog page design!!) and I agree, her cheeks are just the best!! Much love to you all,
Jess
SO SO SO SO ADORABLE! You are a radiant mom, Sharon. (You're lovely too, Mark!) Congratulations on your cutie! What a gift from the Lord.
Love,
Jen
Oh yes, and quite the chic new blog too. It looks great! Quite the talented family you have, Sharon.
Post a Comment