June 4-10 I flew to Pennsylvania for my Dad’s 60th birthday party and Little Lady Vig’s baby shower. I feel the need to say that I survived 100 degree weather and eating more cake and cookies than I have in years. But it sure was fun. Here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure.
Dad’s 60th
Dad playing the role of Great Uncle Rich to young Anna and Pop Pop to Luke. Just like little dogs, kids flock to the big teddybear for quality time.
Dad's two pregnant daughters.
The Baby Shower
Shower hostess and dear friend, Beverly.
Three of the college girls. Aimee, Jessica and Kathy.
Dawn and Lindsay, two lovely ladies I've known forever.
Another pair of long-time pals, Erin and Julie.
The Kutztown gang.
The following weekend Mark and I drove up to Wisconsin for our friends’ Jason and Brenda’s wedding reception. We stayed in Racine—a small beach town along Lake Michigan. You can see my growing belly in some of these shots…
Brenda and me at her reception.
Las Vegas
While Mark was on a business trip to Colorado, I snuck away to Las Vegas with my parents, Laurel and Luke. Again, I need to say I survived over 100 degree weather. We saw all the sights, including the Hoover Dam. But nothing beats the precious moments of hanging with my family.
The Hoover Dam
The lights on Freemont Street.
Enjoying the fountains at the Bellagio.
I'm not sure when exactly, but Mark found time between going to his Saturday MBA classes, working and doing homework to dig a trench in the back yard to try and redirect the sump pump flow and stop the lake of mud from forming in the center of the yard.
On July 4th we hosted our first party at the house. We had about 35 people here, including about 14 kids ranging in age from a few months old to 15 years old. We are proud to say that the house is still standing. Unfortunately I do not have any photos from the event. I was too busy being a hostess to take any pictures.
The latest special moments of the summer happened during the visit of our dear friends Chip, Crystal and their little girl Bri. A taste of Florida here in Chicago. We had a blast checking out Chicago, taking Bri to the water park down the street here, and going to the Taste of Westmont downtown. I loved having them here and having the house full of people for a few short days. However, I do not have the energy level I used to and crashed hard the day they left.
Crystal and Bri
All this and the summer is just getting started!
Subscribe to The V Blog by Email
1 comment:
I loved reading your blog! You look so adorable pregnant! I wish I could see you IRL! I miss you!
Post a Comment