Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Life of a Pregnant Woman

Wednesday, July 16

This summer it is imperative that I keep up with my exercise. Even though the baby is growing, I don’t want the rest of me to grow out of control along with her. So I try to walk every day and go to the high school to swim once or twice a week. Last night was a pool night. Westmont High School is in walking distance, so I got Mark to take a break from his studies to walk me over to the pool for an evening swim. I used to be able to swim for 2 to 2 ½ hours and do about 7,000 to 9,000 yards, but now I am much slower. I get in about 1,000 yards (40 laps) and do 10 minutes of deep water kicking before I am totally dog tired. It is getting to the point where I am going to half to start using the ladder to get out of the water. Pulling my awkward body up on the side of the deck is becoming humorous. At least the little old ladies in the water aerobics class get a kick out of me.

Yesterday I also made the most amazing cherry pie. I ventured out to one of the local farmers’ markets and bought some fresh cherries because I saw a good looking recipe on the cover of my latest Cooking Light magazine. Plus, I just love cherry pie. I never made a fresh cherry pie before and it proved to be quite time consuming. Just pitting six cups of cherries took almost an hour to do. But man was it ever worth it!! Yum, yum, yummy.

This morning, after taking Mark to the train station, I went to get my gestational diabetes test done. This is an hour long test where you can’t eat anything after 8 p.m. the night before or anytime the morning of the test. They make you drink a sugary sweet mixture and wait one hour before drawing three vials of blood. Hopefully I passed.

2 comments:

His Woman said...

Hi Friend!! Thanks for the update... love the blog!

Speaking of PIES.. I got the best recipe for a DELICIOUS blueberry (ANY ?? Berry!!) pie. I had some last night at a cookout and I was transported.

Here you go...
2 pints fresh blueberries
Prebaked pie crust in the pie pan
Rinse berries and put one pint straight into the pie crust... rolling around in there!

In a saucepan, put the other pint along with 1/4 cup Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup water and 3 TBS corn starch. Cook over medium heat till boiling and berries broken up. Boil gently for a minute or two and take off the heat.

When cooled slightly, add 1 TBS butter and 1 TBS lemon juice. Stir and pour over the other berries in the pie and CHILL! Take out of fridge about 45 minutes prior to serving to avoid that cold/refridgerator sensation... Break open the vanilla ice cream and VOILA! HEAVEN!!!

Love,
Wendy

Where Our Treasures Are said...

Hey, I love the new background--very funky. Laurel

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.