Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Great Grandma Julia & A Trip to Disney

My husband had some vacation days to use up before the end of the year, so we took a trip to Disney World in Orlando. Honestly, I think that I was the most excited of all to be at the parks. I just love Disney so much. It's hard to believe that Leo has been there twice already and he is only 22 months old! Our week started with a trip to Sea World. Our favorite show by far was the dolphin show. It was like Cirque du Soleil with dolphins, birds, divers and flying trapeze artists--so cool.

We also checked out Epcot. It was a great place for the kids to meet some of the characters up close.

Mid week we drove out to the beach to spend some time with my grandma. This was such a highlight for us. Carmella bonded so quickly with her Great Grandma. She stayed by her side the entire day and was so upset when we had to leave. It was wonderful to see Grandma. We had such a nice visit. Seeing her hold little Siena was precious and very special for me. We love you, Julia, thanks for such lovely hospitality.


The next day we went to Magic Kingdom. This was by far our favorite park. We saved the best for last. Pushing it to the max, we stayed all day, ending the evening with the light parade. The kids did great, but mom ended up at the clinic the next day. I had a double ear infection, sinus infection and bronchitis. Overall I managed fine. The biggest issue was that I couldn't breathe well and my chest hurt. A good dose of antibiotics, steroids and an inhaler did the trick. I felt much better after a few days or so.


Our Disney vacay was a great little escape. I'm not sure what the kids enjoyed most, but the entire car ride home Carmella kept asking to go back to the hotel. There was a bunk bed in our room and she got to sleep on the top bunk. That might have been the highlight for her.

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.