My parents came for a short, packed several days. I put my poor folks to
work while they were here. Fortunately for me, we were trapped inside Thursday
to Saturday because the temperature was well into the 100s...way too hot to do
much outside. So all my little projects to prepare for the baby ended up being
the main focus of the visit. On Thursday my dad sanded, stained and polyurethaned
a tall dresser for Leo's big boy room. And he, with the help of my mom,
installed a shelf in each girl's closet for me. Then Friday the work continued.
While I cleaned out Leo's closet to get it ready for baby girl, my folks put up
a curtain rod and curtain in Leo's new room. Saturday the work continued as my
mom and I moved Leo's crib into his big boy room and put together the new crib for
the nursery. We rearranged all the furniture in the nursery as well just so it
looks like a fresh, different room for a new baby.


It's difficult to get an idea of the feel of the room, but at least you can see baby girl's crib.
Also, on Saturday we finished off
Leo's room by putting up airplane wall decals and some name letters and a picture. Leo is so pleased with his big boy room. Every time he goes in there he starts jumping up and down and says "happy". I think he likes it.
Somewhere in there we had time to do
a little shopping and check out the Farmer's Market. But mostly their visit was
filled with work, work, and more work. Oh, and I cannot forget that my dad did ALL
the cooking while they were here. Yummy!
I didn't get much rest, but it was all worth it. My to do
list for "before the baby" went from 8 daunting items down to 2, very manageable,
items. A big, huge, whopping thank you goes out to my folks for helping me get all this accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment