Since I am only weeks away from my due date we decided to stay home for all the holidays this year. We were blessed with a visit from my parents who drove a long 12 hours from Pennsylvania to see us. They arrived on Thursday morning, just in time for my dad to help me prepare the turkey and put it in the oven. I had already made all the side dishes the day before, so that afternoon we could visit and catch up.
Dinner was a huge success and so were Grandma and Pop Pop. C had the best time getting "stuck" in Pop Pop's play holds. The two of them bonded more and more as the weekend progressed.
Friday it poured rain so we spent the day indoors doing little projects around the house. We put up the Christmas tree and changed the house decorations from fall to Christmas. That evening we had our little Christmas gift exchange. Seeing C get all excited over her gifts made the celebration very enjoyable. I for one can't wait to see how she reacts on Christmas morning. I think it will be so much fun to create the magic for her like we had growing up.
Sunday was our last day and a day mixed with a little rest, a little home Bible study (since we still haven't found a church yet), a little work and a trip to the park.


My dad hand-crafted some letters for C's bedroom that we hung on the wall and decorated. I am so happy to say that C's butterfly garden bedroom is finally finished.

My mom and I also managed to hang the wallpaper boarder in baby brother's room and I have since put the final touches on it so it is just about ready to welcome a new baby.
Subscribe to The V Blog by Email
2 comments:
We had a wonderful time being with you all. The bedrooms look perfect and very welcoming. We miss you and look forward to the little one's arrival. Love, Mom
Awe! Family time is certainly precious!
You look adorable, by the way!
Post a Comment