C and I have been out and about exploring our neighborhood and the surrounding areas. We went to a play place on Friday with a new friend and her two kiddos. Of course I forgot my camera so I have no photos to show for it. But I can tell you that C had the best time. She took an art class in the morning where they painted with apples. Then she moved on to the open play where there was all sorts of fun things to do. She walked the balance beams, rode on a little car track, and jumped on the trampolines. She also liked playing with the soft squishy shapes in the pit area.
Today we ventured out to a pumpkin patch. C sang a little song the whole way out that she made up about the pumpkin patch. Don't ask me what the lyrics were, all I know is that every once and a while she shouted out, "pumpkin patch, yeah!" I don't think she even knew what a pumpkin patch was until we got there.
She had fun picking out the little pumpkins and gourds. She was a bit more timid when it came to the bigger ones. Although she did say she really liked the one mommy picked out. However, she would have preferred to take home the gigantic one with bumps all over it. I tried to tell her that mommy couldn't possibly carry it. She seemed to understand and gave up trying.
After the hayride and pumpkin picking, C got her face painted, played on a tractor, and then we sat down for some lunch. Our new friends from the play place happened to be there too. We were able to say a quick hello before it was time for us to head home. I must say it was nice to have someone shout out my name in a crowd of strangers. It helps cut out a bit of the loneliness.
Here is a shot of our loot from the day. We will wait until tomorrow to clean out the pumpkin, make baked seeds to eat and do any carving so M can join in on the fun.
Subscribe to The V Blog by Email
1 comment:
What a great day! Looks like Ella had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment