I'm quite tired from a late night and an early morning, but I'm still smiling from ear to ear. Since this is my blog I can say anything I want and I want to say that I have the best husband ever!Last night we went out to a french bistro for dinner in Old Town, Chicago for my birthday. Oh my goodness, the food was divine. We shared a beet salad, had authentic French onion soup, and M had the rack of Lamb while I went for the almond encrusted tilapia. We couldn't have been more pleased with our selections.
After dinner we strolled around the Old Town neighborhood before heading over to Navy Pier for some fun. M never really saw any of the sights on the pier so we decided to take it all in. Before we could do anything else, he had to take me on the 100-story high Ferris Wheel. I am not usually one to get nervous about heights, but holy cow, that was scary--especially on the way up. Whenever the car shook even the slightest bit, I totally freaked out. Then I started laughing at how ridiculous I was being because we were completely safe in our little compartment...but it was high. Here are some of the sights we took in on that ride:
After the death-defying Ferris Wheel experience we explored the rest of the pier. It was so nice to simply spend time with my hubby one-on-one without any distractions. We don't get to see him much these days, so it charged up my batteries and I feel like I can keep running down the home stretch. Three more weeks and a few short days before we get to be together as a family in our new state and in our new home. Only a few million details from now until then, but that's another story never to be placed on the blog; I wouldn't want to lose all ten of my readers due to complete boredom. Consider yourself lucky not to know all the insane details of our lives right now.
Subscribe to The V Blog by Email
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, sweetheart. What a wonderful memory. You have a great hubby!
Post a Comment