Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Baby Who Says, "Knee"

Especially when she's riding in the car, she rolls up her pants to expose her knees and says, "knees" over and over again. It totally reminds me of a certain group of knights from Monty Python.

That is neither here nor there... It has absolutely nothing to do with what I want to blog about today. Today's topic is bargain buys at community resale events. Three weeks ago I went to a clothing resale for children's clothes and walked out with two bags full of spring/summer clothes for my daughter. I got 52 items and spent what only four of those items would cost brand new.

So it's needless to say that I was super excited about the resale that happened today for equipment and toys. I hardly spent anything at all and found some great toys that will grow with my little girl for several years to come. In addition to books and a puzzle, she got a little table with two chairs, a toy that makes noise (not sure how to describe it...but it's in the photo below), a baby stroller, a pink vanity table with a chair and a kitchen equipped with several plastic appliances.

So here is our little 17-month-old having fun with some of her new toys. (I haven't introduced her to the kitchen yet--maybe in a few days when Daddy is on the road and Mommy has run out of fun things to do inside in the chilly weather.)

[This first photo is of our little copycat trying to fold her arms like her daddy. This is just cute, but doesn't have anything to do with the resale.]

[Here she is pushing her baby stroller all over the house.]
[And finally, sitting at her new table playing very contently.]



2 comments:

Crowning Glory said...

She's growing up so quickly! What great bargains! Love,

Kat and Jason said...

I can't believe how grown up she is! What amazing eyes too - she is so beautiful!

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.