Thursday, June 4, 2009

Random Thoughts

Extraordinary things can happen even during the quietest of days.

Walking to lunch with a friend today we passed an older couple walking two tiny white dogs. The woman was also pushing a baby carriage…with no child in it. I asked: “Is the carriage for the dogs?” The reply—with a smile: “Yes, actually it is.”

Now in this particular case, I smiled, chuckled to myself a bit, and then thought aloud… “My goodness, my dad needs to witness this.” A carriage for little “rat dogs”. I could almost hear his voice in my ear and several of his silly small dog jokes to accompany it. Love you Dad! And happy birthday!

With Ella fast asleep for a late afternoon nap, I decided to try to get some work done and settled in on the couch with my laptop. I got as far as opening the document when I heard a really loud BANG! Out of the corner of my eye I saw a dark figure fall to the ground right outside our sliding doors. I jumped up and saw two birds on the ground. One hopped around flapping its wings and eventually flew off. The other lied lifeless on the ground. It gasped several times for air and then stiffened. Just like that…gone. Mark got a dust pan and broom, swept it up and moved it to the very back of our yard where no one ever goes. So sad.

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Eriksen Web Design.