On Friday, Kathy and I ventured into Chicago on our own. I was nervous taking a guest into a city I barely know myself. But we nonchalantly foraged through the streets and found the key sights we wanted to see without incident. Some of the places we stumbled upon were: Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Michigan Avenue shopping and a delicious gourmet popcorn store. We then stopped by Mark’s office building and the three of us
On Saturday Mark, Kathy and I all took the train into Chicago for a second day of pounding the streets in the name of tourism. The highlights of the day were viewing the Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park and taking the Wendella Boat Tours’ river and lake architecture cruise.
After church on Sunday we walked over to TY Warner Park and checked out the Red, White, and Bar-B-Q festival. Yummy.
Subscribe to The V Blog by Email
No comments:
Post a Comment